Saturday, May 7, 2011

My Beautiful Wife and one heck of a Mom

I know that the posts you read here typically come from Christy, but this one is a little different. I have hacked into her blog from an unknown location and I'll be gone before this can be traced. I hacked in cause there is something that I just have to say...

It all started 9 years ago with just me and her. We were young and energetic. We stayed up late and slept in when we felt like it. We always had the option to go see a movie or go to dinner. Then one crazy month we found out we were pregnant.

Now this was amazing news because we had finally started our family and it was all so exciting. Now I had fulfilled two of my major goals in life, the first being to marry the women of my dreams, and the second to start a family with the women of my dreams.

Watching Christy and Ethan play was the highlight of my day. From acrobatics to telling secrets to sharing every type of dough imaginable, Christy and Ethan were best buds. 


Our wonderful little family had started and it was good.



We had so much fun and Ethan was such a hoot (had to say that for the older generation, you got to appeal to all demographics right :) ) that for some reason we decided to have another child. I still think I was coerced somehow even though I can't prove it.

Now don't get me wrong, we love Ethan and he is awesome. He is our best bud but having two children is simultaneously the best thing in the world, one of the hardest things ever and lastly the most tiring thing of all time. But as long as Christy was sure we could do it I was on board, cause of course she is always right.

And to her credit, she was right. Our family has grown with Isaac and it is even better now. I'm so lucky to have a wonderful wife to spend my life with and to help raise our kids. I know I don't say it enough but thank you for everything you do. You mean the world to me and I can't wait to grow old with you!

Happy Mother's Day!

Love,
Jon, Ethan and Isaac

4 comments:

littleleno said...

AWE!!! Thats the sweetest post i've read, ever! Happy mothers day christy you are a truly amazing mom!

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness Jon! That was so sweet! I've always heard the best thing a dad can do for his kids is to love their mother. You have two very lucky little boys!
Happy Mother's Day Christy!

Andrea said...

Jon, that was SO sweet of you!! You guys are a beautiful family. Happy Mother's Day Christy!

Anonymous said...

Jon, what a nice little "gift" to Christy! I agree with Kelly :)Happy Mother's Day Christy!