This afternoon I had the honor of being the first person (non parent) to babysit Brady. He is just a BIG cutie pie. I think him and I are going to get along just fine. Maddie came to, which Ethan was very excited about. Besides the first five minutes the kids have been great. Although I did learn that when watching 3 kids you have to be a little more prepared. When it’s just E and I we are kind of lazy and go with the flow. So when Maddie and Brady arrived lunch wasn’t even started yet. And when it was time for naps, none of the beds had sheets on them because I was washing them. And when I went to get milk I realized that I only had enough for one cup, not two…so they each got a half a cup before bed. OOPS. Next time I will have to be a bit more on top of things.
But, right now I can’t complain because I am sitting here typing next to a 6 week old who is sleeping soundly, Maddie and Ethan are both upstairs asleep and I am still alive and even had time to update my blog. My shirt even smells like spit-up which I am thoroughly enjoying.
Peanut Thomas is doing great! We are 15 weeks and 5 days along. I have a little belly starting to show and I am not throwing up all day long, just a few times! I consider that a bonus. Ethan is just as perfect as ever. We have learned that positive reinforcement works 100 times better with Ethan than anything. I have noticed if I try to say thank you and good job for all the little things he does our days go much smoother and he is a different kid. The other day he told me that I was doing a good job driving home and that we were almost there. LOL, it was pretty hilarious.
I should have taken some pictures of all the kids today, but my camera is under the pile of laundry that I am supposed to fold. :)
1 comment:
Now you know my secret - being super organized and always thinking one step ahead! :) It may not look like it on the surface but we are incredibly organized and structured! I'm glad you're going to be able to stay home with your niece & nephew. It's hard work but SO worth it!
Post a Comment