I started a yeast cleanse diet last week. For 30 days I have to do a strict diet. I am also taking probiotics to put the good bacteria into my system. It's going to be hard I think because I love carbs, breads and sugar lol. But I am really excited to try this to see how it makes me feel afterwards. I know people who have done this and lived, so I am confident it won't kill me. It might kill Jon though. :) I can't have anything with flour or any form of sugar. So no pasta, breads, yogurt, cheese, milk, etc. So far it sounds like it if tastes good, I probably shouldn't eat it.
Day One - I had some yummy scrambled eggs with spinach with some salsa for breakfast. Only I realized that apparently the salsa manufactures put sugar in the salsa. Oops, so I didn't do so good for breakfast ha ha. Why do we Americans add sugar to everything by the way. It's no wonder we are all eating to much sugar.
Lunch was a salad with cheese, black beans and a black bean patty. I didn't look at my list right until after lunch and I guess I am not supposed to eat dairy either. So double oops for today. Oh well, it was a start in the right direction. Lunch was really hard because I usually just eat what the kids don't because I don't want to waste food. So I just threw away the uneaten portions of the sandwiches instead of eating them. I felt like I was throwing money away. I am going to start making fewer sandwiches and then only making more if the kids eat what I gave them.
Dinner is taco soup and unless I put cheese on it, I should be within the rules for dinner so yay!!
So far I have a little headache and I am craving chocolate chips, bread and anything I can't have. Pretty sure this is only going to get worse and that it's normal. I do miss my Sobe Lite drinks. But they have artificial sugar, so that's a no no. At least I remembered that right!
1 comment:
Sounds...not fun. :) But I'm sure it will be worth it! I've not been brave enough to try something like this but I probably should!
Post a Comment