In October we took a trip to the most magical place on earth. Disney Land. Everything about it was so perfect. We flew down on Saturday, October 8. Ethan loved going on the plane. He has been on a few but he was to little to remember. He took everything in. It was also Isaac's first flight ever. He did really good too. He ate on the first flight there and slept on the second flight there. He is so good. :)
There are so many memories from this trip. It took Ethan a day to get used to everything. There was a lot of people the first few days but by the end of the second day he was so excited about everything. He went on a few roller coasters too. He did one in toon town, thunder mountain railroad and splash mountain. He loves the going fast part and the roller coaster part...turns out he hates dark tunnels. Seriously hates...poor guy was in tears in splash mountain because it was really dark for a few long tunnels. But he loved the end of it. :) He also loved the parades and the Disney Clubhouse show in California land. His favorite ride was it's a small world but he also loved all the rides in the bug life area. They were so cute and just perfect for him. The characters though were by far his favorite part (except captain hook lol). He was absolutely hilarious with his autograph book. He pronounces characters...kur-rick-turs...hahaha. And he loved having them sign his book and talk to them. Mary Poppins thought he was pretty funny. He handed her his book and asked her to sign it in order (i.e. not skip a page) and since they have to stay in character she goes "well there is a boy who has a purpose".
We ate dinner with the characters and breakfast with them once. He loved it so much we had to go back for breakfast. The Mad Hatter was pretty funny too. He was talking to Ethan and my dad was taking pictures and the Mad Hatter goes "well you must be more important than me, you have your own paparazzi". Hahahaha...if he only knew we call bapa the bapa-ratzie. During breakfast Captain Hook was there and Ethan has never seen peter pan so he had no idea who he was but he was scared of him. If Captain Hook could take the hint and leave us alone he would have been fine, but of course Captain Hook kept coming over. At one point Ethan was under the table crying.
Isaac was such a good little boy. He really was the perfect age to travel with a baby. Old enough to love the lights and music but not old enough to know he was missing out on the rides. He also wasn't walking so we didn't have to worry about him wanting to walk. He was such a good boy. He absolutely loved the parades. He would clap and clap and bounce to the music. He spent a lot of time with daddy since he doesn't like rides. But I loved that I got to take Ethan on all the rides. He is such a daddy's boy it was nice to have something him and I could do.
I brought noise cancelling headphones for Isaac because I thought the fireworks and other things might be loud for him. Boy was I wrong lol. We got perfect seats, by luck, to watch the fireworks and tinker bell fly one night. I put the headphones on Isaac when it started but he kept taking them off and clapping and waving as much as he could haha. Ethan thought it was to loud so he wore the headphones and then he loved it as much as Isaac. It was hilarious to watch. Isaac was supposed to be sleeping but it was just to much fun for him. Did you know Disney Land has a baby area when you can feed and change them. Isaac and I visited there a few times.
On Wednesday we went to Sea World for the day. I think this was probably Ethan's favorite part of the trip. He loves whales so much. It was great to watch him experience Shamu again. He also wanted to sit up close to get wet so daddy sat up really close with him during the dolphin show. LOL...they got soaked. Ethan loved it. I ended up getting soaked without planning on it. We were at the dolphin area and it's an open circle you can watch them at and this dolphin with an attitude came over and splashed me on purpose. I was soaked...Isaac was soaked and our stroller was soaked. Once I got the salt water off of me and Isaac all I could do was laugh.
My parents were able to come with us which just made everything better. I love that our boys got to experience this with them. I still smile every time I think about our trip. It's so magical there and you really can't explain it...but it's just a happy place. We are already trying to save for our next trip. I want to go during Christmas so we can see it all decorated. Maybe in 2 or 3 years. Right Jon?? :)
And if you have made it this far reading then CLICK HERE for all the pictures....
1 comment:
Can you fix the link to the pictures? It says page not found :(.
It was such an awesome trip. Thanks for letting us share it with you and the kids! I'll start convincing dad we are going in a couple years too! Oh, that is if we are invited! LOL
Post a Comment